Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Goddamn it.

You remember how I said chickenpox could be nasty in adults? One of my colleagues, Elisabeth Smith, died today from complications of fucking chickenpox. They say the antivirals weren't anywhere near as effective as they expected them to be. It eventually lead to Encephalitis. I don't know what her adopted children Luke and Sky are going to do without her. She's going to be missed by the staff and the kids. 


They're saying now that this strain is some weird mutation, more infectious, harder on the victims body. The kids are all fine, it's lasting longer than a normal case of the chickenpox but none of them need to be hospitalized. Some of my other colleagues and some of the kids parents though . . . God, I just hope this blows over soon before anyone else dies from it.

1 comment: